$800. $400 Deposit
Tactical Application of Practical Shooting (TAPS)
(The remaining $400 will be collected during class. Cash is preferred)
TMACS trains adaptive thinkers can handle the challenges of full spectrum operations in an era of persistent conflict. To meet this requirement, TMACS INC delivers a comprehensive, systematic, progressive Train-the-Trainer shooting program focused on fundamental mastery. The approach to instruction is through coaching and mentorship and both demonstrates and transfers a training method that is safe, effective, combat relevant, and encourages a continuous thought process that demands accountability.
Training is conducted on the range and focuses on advanced refinement of the basic fundamentals of marksmanship as applied to the pistol. Utilizing a building block learning model, TAPS combines the pressures and dynamics of competitive shooting and tactical application. While the course of instruction is on the firing range, the TAPS training approach also translates into training venues outside the range.
The 2-day course offering includes the following:
- Lecture on proper weapons handling and safety.
- Conduct a diagnostic course of fire.
- Refresh the fundamentals and grouping exercises .
- Conduct individual and collective complex courses of fire which are ambiguous in nature to encourage quick thinking and decisive action.
- Mindset and focal cognition drills.
- Development of tailor-made “Standards” courses of fire.
- Other topics covered and practiced are; grouping exercises with secondary weapon systems, target discrimination, use of barricades, movement into position, immediate action drills, magazine changes, multiple target engagements and shooting on the move.
- Escalation of training and intensity will vary depending on the number of students and their skill level through the core of the course will always remain the same. We will tailor the training to the individual as well as the group.
- To expose shooters to a proven training methodology that is more productive than traditional training drills.
- To transfer training methods that are safe, effective, combat relevant, and encourage a continuous thought process that demands accountability.
- To introduce training considerations applicable to each shooter’s skill level and available equipment.
- Know how to adapt an expeditionary mindset so that they are better prepared to handle conflict on short notice.
- Understand how to effectively maximize available use of shooting time and space.
- Operate as a safer, more confident, more lethal gun handler who can decisively and precisely act under pressure
- Acquire an alternative training approach which translates to other training venues outside of the firing range and be able to transfer this approach to other officers using the equipment available to them.
Round Count: 800
Minimal Equipment: AR platform, 3 mags min, sling, eyes, ears, mag pouch, shooting mat